A day of music and family-oriented activities at the water’s edge demonstrating our support for environmental protection
Green OssiningThe 12th annual Earth Day Festival plans to return to its in-person format at Louis B. Engel Waterfront Park April 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Join the Greater Ossining community at our annual Earth Day celebration. Bring family and friends. Learn how to live a more sustainable life, visit artisan vendors, and enjoy food and live music on the banks of the Hudson River.
As the largest community-run Earth Day festival in Westchester County – with over 4,000 attendees in the past and expecting over 100 vendors – the festival has grown from 300 attendees and 20 vendors over the course of our first year and attracts visitors from as far south as Brooklyn to surrounding counties and north to Westchester. The Festival offers hands-on activities and educational opportunities for all, as well as a full day of live music and entertainment aimed at making it our best Earth Day celebration yet.
“As we celebrate the 52nd anniversary of Earth Day, we remain acutely aware of the grand challenges affecting our natural environment, our planet, and life as we know it. We also believe there are many things we can do personally to effect positive change through the daily choices we each have the power to make. We encourage you to show us what matters to you by bringing posters or signs that amplify your voice on environmental issues, reflecting your environmental concerns, your thoughts on needed policy changes and/or the social justice impacts that you want to remind people. of our changing climate. noted Susie RossPresident and founding member, Green Ossining
Featured events of the day include:
- Art and artisan sellers
- Eco-demonstrations and hands-on activities
- Targeted activity area for children
- Food drive with the Rewilding School
- Teachings and Blessings of Water by Native Elder, Pointsetta and Daughters Wild Flower and Flying Arrow (Ramapough Lunaape)
- Environmental organizations
- Zero Waste in action on the Festival grounds
- Electronic waste collection/textile recycling depot
- Delicious local cuisine, including vegetarian and vegan options
- craft beer
- Drum and Ukulele Hoops (BYO – limited supplies will be available)
- Local “green” services/products/solutions
- Find out how to use eco-friendly products and how to save money by reducing your carbon footprint!
- Community Organizations: All available to help you! Learn about the variety of groups in our own backyard.
- Live music all day with Blue Basement, Claremont School Chorus, Julie Corbalis, the Stella Blues Band and more.
“What we have learned over the past two years is that housing, parks, roads and whatever supports us in the environment is no longer an option, but our lifeline. The Village of Ossining sits on 3.2 square miles on the banks of the majestic Hudson River, and we are thrilled to once again support the Earth Day Festival which becomes the center of green education for all every year. those who want to learn how they can continue to lean become stewards of our environment. said the mayor of the village of Ossining, Rika Levin.
The festival is hosted and organized by Green Ossining with assistance from the Town and Village of Ossining.
For the most up-to-date information, check the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook event pages at https://fb.me/e/1iRZSX3P1 or go to www.greenossining.org/earth-day-festival/ .