The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Barca, Arsenal surround Raphinha
There has been a lot of speculation over the Leeds United winger’s future Raphinhaand fabrice romano offered a glimpse of how things are progressing.
The reporter says that Barcelona have agreed personal terms with the Brazil international but so far they haven’t agreed a fee with Leeds.
He adds that Arsenal are in direct negotiations with Leeds having held an interest in the 25-year-old since March.
The Gunners have already brought in Fabio Vieira, Matt Turner and Marquinhos in what has been a busy time for them, and this report suggests they are not about to slow down in the transfer window.
London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have also reportedly been in contact with Leeds over a possible move.
Had the Yorkshire club been relegated from the Premier League they would have been in a weak position to demand a significant fee for Raphinha, but are now asking for up to £75m after beating Brentford on the final day to finish at the above Burnley and avoid the gout.
Raphinha has been integral to Leeds’ Premier League survival, providing 11 goals and three assists in 35 league appearances throughout the campaign.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Sky Sports Deutschland reported Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic flew to Mallorca to persuade Robert Lewandowski stay at the club, although it seems that didn’t change the Polish international’s mind. The striker still wants to leave Bayern with Barcelona ready to improve their previous offer of €32m.
– fabrice romano dismissed reports that Liverpool were working on a deal to bring Georginio Wijnaldum back from PSG. He insists the Reds’ priority is to extend At Naby Keita’s contract instead, with talks expected to take place soon.
– Foot Mercato offered a glimpse of new sporting director Lucas Campos’ vision for Paris Saint-Germain, starting with the arrival of Christophe Galtier as manager. He also wants to bring Internazionale Milan Skriniarfrom Lille Renato Sanchesfrom Bayern Munich Lewandowski and that of Sassuolo Gianluca Scamacca. Mauro Icardi, Julien Draxler, Thilo Kehrer, Layvin Kurzawa, Ander Herrera, Danilo Pereira and Wijnaldum were all considered “the undesirables”, while Neymar could also leave.
– Manchester United made initial contact with Christian Erikson ahead of a potential move, according to Sky Sports, with Dane’s Brentford contract ending. Erik Ten Hag loves the midfielder, and it will ultimately be Eriksen’s decision whether or not to move to Old Trafford.
– Borussia Dortmund make club-record offer to Ajax Amsterdam for Ivory Coast international Sebastien Haller, as reported by Sky Sports Deutschland, which adds that it could be worth 35 million euros with add-ons taken into account. He is their first choice to replace Erling Haaland after the Norwegian moved to Manchester City, although they could move to Stuttgart. Sasa Kalajdzic and Bayer Leverkusen Lucas Alario if Ajax can’t be tempted to sell.
– West Ham United are set to make Chelsea an offer of around £30million for Armand Broja, who impressed on loan with Southampton last season, according to Sky Sports. The Hammers have identified the Albania international as their main attacking target for this summer and intend to move on despite doubts over Chelsea manager Marina Granovskaia’s future.